|TIME COMMITMENT||6 HOURS PER WEEK|
|DURATION||4 WEEKS + RESEARCH|
|VIDEO TRANSCRIPT||AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH|
|TOTAL TIME||40 HOURS IN TOTAL INCL. LECTURE AND RESEARCH|
What you´ll learn
- The student describes principles of healthy biblical leadership.
- The student recognizes the possibilities, as well as the dangers, of the gift and task of leadership. This includes the ability to articulate the difference between healthy and abusive leadership.
- The student demonstrates comprehension in theory and practice of leadership multiplication, by completing exercises involving leading other people and developing their leadership gifts.
- The student articulates the connection between leadership and church development.
- The student describes differing leader personalities and styles. This includes discovery of his/her own leadership gifts and styles.
Complete assigned reading
2-page written reflection, based on the following task (to be handed in on the last lecture-day of the course):
Find a person whose leadership gifts are recognized and whom you respect, from home you would like to learn more about leadership.
Choose 2 areas or functions of leadership that this person embodies or practices where you yourself hope to experience growth. Your written reflection regarding these areas or functions should answer the following questions:
Which aspects of this person’s leader-gifting do you appreciate, and why?
If I were to grow significantly in these areas myself, what would be the results in my own leadership tasks?
Which practical steps will I take in order to successfully grow in the areas that I have described?
Contents of the course in detail
Evaluation and Grading
Written reflection (30%).
Open-book essay test (70%).
Preparatory tasks for the students
Required reading (eight hours)
Proof of achievement
to be announced
To be announced.
To be announced.